Take off with next-generation storage
Easy to use
The best available servers are chosen for new requests: there is no need to rebalance, no downtime, no disruption of production.
Add servers or start a new application: all new devices are automatically discovered and load balanced.
You have full operational control over the platform from the Command Line Interface or with our intuitive Web User Interface.
Scalability without compromise
Start as small as you want, and scale-out to hyperscale
Deploy what you need and when you need it, at any scale from 1 TB to 1000+ PB. There is no requirement for a minimum initial capacity or growth rate.
Accessible and secure object storage
1. Simple and standard APIs.
2. Data protection with replication or erasure coding on multiple nodes.
3. Scale-out capabilities to hyperscale.
A 3-node cluster can be ready for production in 5 minutes. Download the software, install it, and run it to operate a scalable, feature-rich cluster.
Build your workflow
- Scale-out by nature. A shared nothing model aggregates capacity from independent x86 servers
- Limitless storage based on a full software open source technology
- Store 1000+ PBs of data and hundreds of billions of objects
- Data Replication with multiple copies, local or remote
- Reed-Solomon erasure coding
- Various topologies from a single data center to multiple or stretched clusters across geos
- Install and run applications where data resides
- Better application SLAs with data locality
- Flexible application support with APIs, file-based access, or SDKs
- Unparalleled TCO reduction
- Native Object APIs: C, Python, Java and Go
- Standard Object APIs: OpenIO REST/HTTP, Amazon S3 and OpenStack Swift
- Multiple file sharing and access methods: NFS, SMB, AFP/FTP and local FUSE (Enterprise Storage Edition)
How does OpenIO work?
Scale and store 1000+ PBs of data, or hundreds of billions of objects.
Open Source SDS
Reduce cost and TCO by 80% compared to legacy storage.
Grid for Apps technology
Run applications on the storage infrastructure.
How quickly can you set up OpenIO?
OpenIO Open Source
Email EditionOptimized to scale out email, contact, and calendar storage. Run malware scans and full-text indexing on the storage infrastructure. OpenIO provides specific connectors for Cyrus, Dovecot/Open-Xchange, and Zimbra.
Video EditionOpenIO has developed several key tools for demanding video environments for storing, transcoding, and streaming video at a massive scale. OpenIO delivers high performance and resiliency at a very efficient cost, built on the open source object storage platform.
Enterprise Storage EditionOpenIO’s Enterprise Storage Edition is a scalable file sharing solution. It complements the core object storage solution with a file system view. Applications do not need to embed object APIs to connect to storage entities. Supported protocols and access methods are NFS, SMB, FTP, or local mountpoints with FUSE.
OpenIO hybrid cloud with Backblaze B2
Extend your storage beyond your data center
- Easy to set up, manage, and access
- Quick retrieval
- Less expensive and more reliable than LTO tape systems
New and hot data are stored on your storage infrastructure
Archived and warm data are automatically routed to
Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage for low-cost off-site storage
Compare OpenIO with Open Source solutions
- Open Source
- OpenIO: Any mixed HW
- Proprietary: Mostly if SW, Absolutely not if Appliance
- Open Source: Mostly
- OpenIO: Yes
- Proprietary: No
- Open Source: Yes
- OpenIO: $
- Proprietary: $$$
- Open Source: $
- OpenIO: Webscale (with no rebalancing)
- Proprietary: Webscale
- Open Source: Webscale
Storage + Compute
- OpenIO: Yes (Grid for Apps)
- Proprietary: No (Storage only)
- Open Source: No (Storage only)
- OpenIO: Objects APIs, File sharing protocols, Editions (Mail, Video, Enterprise)
- Proprietary: Objects APIs, some offer file access or partner w/ GW vendor
- Open Source: Objects APIs, Block GW
- OpenIO: Replication and EC
- Proprietary: Replication and EC
- Open Source: Replication and EC