No compromise for
your backup use case
Organizations of all sizes are looking for new backup solutions that offer scalability, ease of use, and a low $/GB. They want to manage short-retention backups on disk for fast recovery, but they also want a second tier in the cloud or on tape for long-term backup or archiving purposes.
This kind of infrastructure should be easy to manage, and allow remote replication as well as electronic vaulting.
From a few hundred TB up to several PB
Instead of stacking several VTL appliances on file-based repositories, OpenIO SDS can be used to create enterprise backup solutions compatible with S3 and Swift APIs to store from a few hundred TB up to several PB in a single domain. Dynamic tiering can be used to move older backups to tape or to the cloud transparently. OpenIO SDS can also be configured as a central repository for remote backup sites allowing end users to simplify disaster recovery procedures.
- Scalability, ease of use, and a low $/GB;
- Manage short-retention backups on disk for fast recovery;
- Second tier in the cloud or on tape for long-term backup or archiving purposes;
- Easy to manage, and allow remote replication as well as electronic vaulting.
- Erasure coding for the best $/GB;
- Several media types supported for on-premises tiering;
- Cloud gateway for hybrid cloud configurations and dynamic tiering;
- Lower TCO compared to traditional backup solutions;
- Open source and software-defined solution.
Bring your digital business to the next-level
lower your TCO 80% !
reduce hardware footprint 40% !
simplify platform administration and app development 90% !