A highly scalable, fast, and reliable energy-saving appliance that offers best-in-class storage at low cost.
This new product is based on the new innovative Marvell Armada-3700 Dual core ARM v8 @1.2Ghz based nano-node architecture. SLS-4U96 appliances can host up to 96 nano-nodes, each one with a dedicated 3.5" HDD or SSD and dual 2.5Gb/s SGMII ports, dual 6-port 40Gb/sec Ethernet backend Marvell Prestera family switches for external connectivity and N+1 power supplies. This offers the scalability and efficiency of a petabyte scale-out storage system in a compact 4U chassis with the ease of use of OpenIO SDS 16.10, perfect for service providers and enterprises of any size.
Thanks to the nano-node architecture, OpenIO SLS introduces a new paradigm for management and maintenance of scale-out storage infrastructures. The failure domain is limited to a single nano-node, equivalent to a disk, that can be replaced as needed when failure occurs. New or replaced nano-nodes join the SLS resource pool without needing a rebalancing operation. The entire process takes less than 60 seconds and does not impact performance.
Key hardware features:
- From 3 to 96 hot swappable nano-nodes per appliances for a maximum of 960TB with 10TB HDDs or 1152TB with recently introduced 12TB HDDs.
- Two 6-port 40Gb/s port switches backend for for both client connectivity and direct chassis interconnect, which can scale up to more than 10PB per rack.
- 4 N+1 power supplies and 5 removable fan modules.
- No single point of failure.
Key software features:
- Automatic nano-node discovery, setup and load balancing.
- Easy to use management via a web GUI, CLI and API.
- Local and geo-distributed object replica or erasure coding.
- Quick fault detection and recovery.
- Call-home support notifications.
- S3, Swift and Native object APIs.
- Multiple file sharing access methods: NFS, SMB, FTP, FUSE.
- Fully compatible with existing x86 based SDS installations.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions. From storage to cloud infrastructure), connectivity and multimedia, Marvell’s diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world’s most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, personal and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience. The term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries.