Terms and Conditions of use
LAST MODIFIED: January 20th, 2020
At OpenIO, we respect the Privacy of our Users and recognize the importance of protecting the Personal Data we collect. OpenIO never sells personal data and carries out all processing operations in compliance with Privacy laws. This Policy is designed to let you understand what Information we collect and how we use it.
Please do not hesitate to contact OpenIO with any questions or issues you may have, you can reach out to us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data we collect
We collect Data when you provide contact information through the forms on the Website or via email and chat. This Data may include: email address, first and last name, company, role, country, phone number.
Website Technical and Usage Information
We automatically collect information on how Users interact with the Website, such as the IP address from which you access, date and time, information about your browser, operating system and computer or device, pages viewed and items clicked. We use scripts and cookies to collect some of this Data. For more information, please see the Cookie section below.
Third Party Platforms
We may collect information when you interact with our advertisements and other content on third party sites or platforms, such as social networks, regulated by their privacy settings. This may include information such profile information gathered from social networks or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
Use of collected Data
The Personal Data provided by Users are processed by OpenIO for the following purposes:
- activation and management of OpenIO services and related administrative-accounting purposes;
- sending of the OpenIO newsletter and other communications, being agreed that the User will always have the possibility to opt-out;
- collection, conservation and analysis of Data to completed statistical analyses either in an aggregate and/or anonymous form;
- enhacement of the User experience, offering OpenIO communications targeted to specific User profiles.
We don't share your Data
We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your Personal Information, but we may use third party service providers to help us with our business activities. For example, we may host your Data on third party servers for our CRM and marketing automation purposes.
Your Controls and Choices
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may simply opt-out of receiving them by clicking the link included on such communications.
You can remove or block certain Cookies using the Settings in your browser. For more information, please see the Cookies section below.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 (amended by the Act of 6 August 2004 on the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of Personal Data), you have the right to access, rectify or oppose the Data collected about you. These rights may be exercised by writing at the address email@example.com.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your Data. We limit access to employees who reasonably need to come into contact with Personal Information to execute specific tasks.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on User's computer or mobile device when visiting a Website. Cookies are widely used to facilitate the interaction between Users and Websites over time, as well as to provide reporting information.
"Third party" cookies are set by parties other than the Website owner, they come with third party features or functionality (like analytics or video playback) but can recognise your computer or device both when it visits the OpenIO Website and also when it visits other websites.
“Persistent cookies”, remain on your computer or mobile device even after the browser is closed, this allows the sites to recognize your computer or mobile device the next time the browser is opened, in order to track usage data and provide the User with the easiest navigation possible. “Session cookies” remain on your computer only while the browser is open and are automatically eliminated when the browser is closed.
How you can control Cookies
You have the right to decide whether to accept Cookies or not. You can exercise your Cookie Preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided below. You can also manage Cookie Preferences directly from within the browser and prevent for example the installation of Third party cookies. Through the browser preferences, it is also possible to delete Cookies installed in the past.
You can usually learn how to manage Cookies in the browser help, but you can also find information at the following pages: Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. In addition you can opt out of targeted advertising on optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com .
What Cookies do we use?
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. We use it to track and examine the use of the Website. Google may share Data with other Google services and use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- HubSpot Analytics is an analytics service provided by HubSpot Inc. We use it to track and examine the use of the Website, integrated with our User Database for personalization and marketing automation.
- LinkedIn Insight is an analytics service provided by LinkedIn Corporation. We use it to connects data from LinkedIn with actions performed on the Website.
- Hubspot Conversations is a User engagement service provided by HubSpot Inc. We use it to communicate with Users through direct messages within the Website and email.
CONTENT FROM EXTERNAL PLATFORMS
- Vimeo is a video platform provided by Vimeo Inc. We use it to incorporate video content on the Website.
- YouTube is a video platform provided by Google Inc. We use it to incorporate video content on the Website.
Changes to the Policy